Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

I Remember How Dory Said "Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming!"

There will always be someone better than who you are. Something better than what you have. Some places better than where you have been. Some crazier ideas than you have ever thought. Some prettier things than what you have ever seen. Simply because we love to look up to the sky and we know how the sky has no limit. We always crave for something more.

Mr. Nobody (2009) has this idea that before we bumped out into human being on earth, we live in a world where we are all babies who know everything. Knowing who we will become, where we will live, who we will marry, even how we face the death. Knowing what will it be if we choose something, or if we choose something else. But before we turn into womb, Angel of Oblivion tells us not to remember everything we already know, then she puts her finger into our lips as a sign to keep these secrets, leaving the mark on our upper lips.

The perks of being twenty-something: we are young but we gotta figure out what we will become. Sometimes I have tons of dreams and goals, feels like the spirit is overwhelming and suddenly becoming very passionate about life. But there also comes the time when I have no idea what the future brings.
Life wouldn't be this surprising if the Angel of Oblivion forgot to leave the mark on my upper lips. But when this please-give-me-a-clue-because-I-have-no-idea-what-my-future-will-be-like kind of thoughts come, I feel like I would like to beg her to let me take a peek of my future life. Life has got me too much offers, forcing me to choose one of the options and let the rest left behind.

The craving for something more is what keeps me alive. What keeps my life going and be responsible for what I have chosen. It won't be as easy as a walk in the park, but... why do we have to walk in the park if we can walk across the world? :)

No comments: